High-throughput Oligo Synthesis Platform
BOC Sciences has built a world-leading custom platform for high-throughput synthesis of oligonucleotides, capable of providing microgram to kilogram synthesis specifications, meeting the needs from laboratory level to commercial level.
Oligonucleotides (ONs) are a class of drugs composed of 12 to 30 single- or double-stranded ribose oligonucleotides synthesized chemically. They act on the target messenger RNA (mRNA) through the Watson-Crick base pairing principle, mainly divided into two categories: antisense oligonucleotides (ASOs) and small interfering RNA (siRNA).
In general, natural oligonucleotides have poor stability and are easily degraded by nucleases in vivo; they have high polarity, low specificity, and poor affinity for target mRNAs. By chemical modification, specific groups are introduced into oligonucleotides, which can effectively enhance the stability of oligonucleotides and reduce toxic and side effects.
Fig. 1 Common chemical modifications for the ASOs and siRNAs approved and in clinical trials.
BOC Sciences' high-throughput synthesis platform is the world's leading ultra-large-scale nucleic acid synthesis platform (1μmol-18000mmol). We have a wide range of nucleic acid synthesizers, covering laboratory scale (ÄKTA oligopilot Plus ), pilot scale (Oligopilot™ 400 ) and commercial production scale (Oligoprocess). All synthesizers use flow-through solid-phase synthesis technology and can be custom-designed according to the customer's project requirements, making them reliable and cost-effective. In addition to different nucleic acid production scales, we can also provide 100kg/year production of large batches of nucleic acid raw materials to meet contract development and production needs. All production is strictly managed according to ISO9001 and SO13485 quality system, which provides a strong guarantee for product quality.
- High-efficiency synthesis capability: From DNA to RNA, various chemical modifications (phosphorus sulfur (PS), sugar, 2'-MOE, etc.) can be completed every day to complete the custom synthesis of hundreds of different oligonucleotides.
- High quality assurance: World-class mass spectrometry equipment to ensure the correctness of oligonucleotide molecular sequences; advanced purification technology to meet customized purity requirements.
- Fast delivery capability: Flexible project arrangements are made according to customized needs, and all production can be completed within a delivery cycle ranging from 5 days to 4 weeks.
- QA & QC: Carry out production tasks in strict accordance with ISO9001 and ISO13485 quality systems, and arrange a series of verification support.
- Automated production lines: Reduce the probability of manual operation errors, speed up production efficiency, and shorten project delivery cycles.
- Experienced team: A team of experts with more than 20 years of experience in nucleic acid research.
If you are interested in our high-throughput oligo synthesis platform, please contact us immediately.
- Xiange Tang, et al. Progress in clinical pharmacology of oligonucleotides[J]. Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica, 2020.